A thigh lift reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin, and in some cases fat, resulting in smoother skin and better-proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body. Often used alone to sculpt and tone the legs, thigh lift surgery is also common in larger body lift procedures and may be particularly useful after significant weight loss.
If loose skin and stubborn fat deposits are obscuring the contours of your upper legs, Dr. Doyle can help. Call Centre for Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at 401-336-3770 to schedule a consultation today. Located in East Greenwich, our board-certified plastic surgeon welcomes patients from all surrounding areas of Rhode Island.
Types of Thigh Lift Surgery
There are several different types of thigh lift surgery, each one ideally suited to address specific concerns. The best way to learn which of these options is best for your needs is through a private and confidential consultation with Dr. Doyle. During this visit, she will carefully examine your areas of concern and provide you with useful information about your options.
Common thigh lift techniques include:
- Medial Thigh Lift. Also known as an inner thigh lift, this technique is used to address skin laxity and fat accumulations in the upper, inner thighs
- Lateral Thigh Lift. Also known as an outer thigh lift, this technique addresses excess skin and stubborn fat deposits on the outside of the thighs
- Posterior Thigh Lift. Targeting the area in between the knees and the hips, with a focus on the buttocks, this technique lifts sagging skin and removes unwanted fat from the back of the thighs
- Vertical Thigh Lift. This technique is used to address skin laxity and stubborn fat deposits in the lower and mid-thigh along with the inner and outer thighs
- Spiral Thigh Lift. The newest thigh lift technique, a spiral thigh lift focuses on the entire upper leg, addressing loose, sagging skin along with excess fat on the inner, outer, lower, mid, and backside of the thighs
A spiral thigh lift will combine medial, lateral, posterior, and vertical options for complete transformation. Other combinations are possible as well. These can be discussed depending on your specific desires.
Mini Thigh Lift
A Mini thigh lift focuses on the upper 1/3rd of the thigh. Unlike a complete medial thigh lift, this technique may be better for men and women with only minor skin laxity and is ideally suited for people with a BMI below 30. During your initial consultation, Dr. Doyle will discuss all of your options to help you determine which technique is best for your needs.
Good Thing Lift Candidates
The best candidates for thigh lift surgery are women and men who are:
- In good health
- Physically and emotionally prepared for a surgical procedure
- Able to take time to rest following surgery
- Realistic in their expectations
It is best to be close to your goal weight when you undergo a thigh lift or any other body contouring procedure. While these treatments can help to sculpt and tone the frame, they are not intended to assist with weight loss. Efforts to have them do so can be by turns dangerous and terribly dissatisfying.
Thigh Lift Recovery
Thigh lift surgery requires a recovery period of seven to ten days before work and similarly non-demanding tasks can be resumed. Swelling, bruising, and discomfort are possible during this time. Taking proper care of yourself, which includes getting plenty of rest, will help prevent complications and hasten your recovery.
Full recovery from thigh lift surgery can take four to six weeks, with some restrictions on more advanced activities lasting up to eight in certain cases. How quickly you can resume normal activities will depend on your body’s natural healing abilities and how well you follow pre and postoperative directions. Following these directions will also play a role in the final appearance of your procedure, making it very important that you are consistent in your efforts to follow the directions provided by Dr. Doyle.
Ready to schedule your Thigh Lift consultation?
Dr. Andrea Doyle would love to discuss your Thigh Lift options with you during a private one-on-one consultation. Contact our office online or give us a call to get started on achieving your own aesthetic goals.
Schedule Consultation Online
Dr. Doyle is a board certified Rhode Island plastic surgeon who performs aesthetic and reconstructive surgeries to help change the lives of her patients in positive and empowering ways.